New Directions Behavioral Health Data Base Programmer in Kansas City, Missouri
The SQL Developer is responsible for the coding/documenting of the Data Layer, Database Architecture, and EDI of the Test, Development, Staging and Production systems.
• Be able to use the latest versions of: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and Windows Server. Know SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Report Services (SSRS).
• Create, maintain, and design company production data and DBMS based products. This includes SQL coding, planning and documenting the system.
• Understand the process of EDI communication via FTP.
• Create, maintain, and design company production data and DBMS based products. This includes SQL coding, planning and documenting the system and its operation.
• Create scripts and SSIS packages for data integration (SSIS), data maintenance or bug fixes.
• Write SQL statements for report generation (SSRS).
• Fundamental skills in data analysis and data modeling.
• Creates the necessary technical and architectural documentation.
• Assist in conducting analysis for the development of new systems and modifications of existing systems.
• Ensure the integrity and security of the data.
• Provide support to end users and customers with software-related issues or problems as necessary.
• Ability to work in a team environment and/or mentor as needed.
• Support the goals of the Information Systems Division and participate as a member of the Information Systems team.
• Assure compliance with New Directions policies and procedures; take appropriate action to correct any obvious unsafe conditions.
• Provide operational support to end users and developers, and on occasion participate in 24x7x365 On-Call Support rotation.
• Adheres to New Directions Behavioral Health Mission Statement, Core Values, Code of Business Conduct, and Compliance Program.
• Complies with all Federal and applicable State laws and New Directions Behavioral Health Policies regarding, privacy, confidentiality, and security of health information, and other designated information.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Well-developed skills in a Database programming language with emphasis on MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
• Well-developed skills in ETL programming with emphasis on SSIS
• Minimum 3 year of experience as a SQL programmer in a corporate environment.
• Advanced skills with SQL Server
• Advanced skills with SSIS
• Solid and proven experience with complex queries
• Well-developed skills in a major operating system, Windows Server
• Microsoft Certification
• Manipulate data sets manually and in automated fashion (Excel/BI).
• Effective trouble-shooter
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Be able to work in team or individual settings.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple simultaneous projects and streams of work.
• Checklist based approach to task management
• Infuses meaning, creates targets, clarify focus, fuel motivation, transform employment into a forward facing, passion-driven activity.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.